As of the 1st of July 2018 microchipping is mandatory throughout the state of South Australia! New laws enforced by the SA Dog and Cat Management Board will take effect.
It is a simple thing that can lead to the loss of a pet. No matter how careful you are there is always a chance your pet will go astray or escape.
Microchipping is a permanent form of identification. It is the size of a grain of rice, which is implanted under your pet’s skin. The microchip contains a unique number that is linked to your contact details on a national registry.
Why should you microchip your pet?
- It is compulsory to do so
- Provides peace of mind should your pet become lost
- Microchips are permanent
- Safe, simple and quick procedure
- Excellent value for money – a one-off cost for lifetime identification
- In South Australia, a microchipped pet is eligible for a discounted council registration rate
Please contact us to organise your pet’s microchip!