Puppy Pre-School is a fantastic program that helps our clients’ puppies develop social skills, reinforce acceptable behaviour and teach verbal commands in a safe controlled environment as well as teaching owners about their new puppy.
Puppy Pre-School is designed for puppies between the ages of 8-14 weeks. Puppies of all breeds and sizes are welcome to attend.
At Pet Doctor our Puppy Pre-School classes are run on Tuesday and Wednesday nights from 7pm until 8pm. They run for 4 consecutive weeks.
The aims of Puppy Pre-School are:
- To educate owners on socially responsible pet ownership
- To teach owners about normal and abnormal puppy behaviour
- To teach owners a humane training method to assist them in training their puppies
- To allow puppies to socialise in a safe and controlled environment
- To allow puppies to accept gentle handling by humans other than their owners
- To teach puppies good manners
- To assist owners in solving issues such as housetraining (toileting), mouthing (biting), jumping up and chewing
- To encourage further training such as dog obedience
- To encourage the puppy to be confident, happy and comfortable at the Veterinary clinic
Puppy Pre-School at Pet Doctor costs $80 for all 4 weeks and all puppies must be up to date with vaccinations in order to attend.
For more information or to book your puppy into Puppy Pre-School please contact one of our friendly Nurses.