Puppy Pre-School is a fantastic programme that helps your puppy develop social skills, learn acceptable behaviour, and verbal commands in a safe controlled environment as well as teaching owners what they need to know about their new puppy.
Puppy Pre-School is designed for puppies between the ages of 8-14 weeks. Puppies of all breeds and sizes are welcome to attend.
Pet Doctor’s Puppy Pre-School classes are held at our Woodville clinic on Wednesday evenings from 7pm until 8pm.
Classes run for four consecutive weeks.
The aim of Puppy Pre-School is to:
- educate owners on socially responsible pet ownership;
- teach owners about normal and abnormal puppy behaviour;
- teach owners a humane training method to assist them in training their puppies;
- allow puppies to socialise in a safe and controlled environment;
- allow puppies to accept gentle handling by humans other than their owners;
- teach puppies good manners;
- assist owners in solving issues such as housetraining (toileting), mouthing (biting), jumping up and chewing;
- encourage further training such as dog obedience; and
- encourage the puppy to be confident, happy and comfortable at the Veterinary clinic.
Puppy Pre-School at Pet Doctor costs $100 for all four weeks. Puppies must be up-to-date with worming, flea treatments and vaccinations in order to attend.
For more information or to book your puppy into Puppy Pre-School, please contact one of our friendly Nurses.