We believe regular vaccinations starting in puppy/kittenhood are essential for the longevity of your pets and reduce the outbreak of preventable infectious diseases in the population at large.
In dogs we can offer routine protection against diseases such as:
- Distemper, which is virus that affects lungs, brain and gastrointestinal tract and can lead the animal to have a permanent disability
- Hepatitis, which affects the liver
- Parvovirus, which is a debilitating virus that affects the gastro intestinal tract
- Canine (Kennel) Cough (similar to Whooping Cough in humans), which affects the upper respiratory tract
We can also offer protection against other illnesses including Leptospirosis and Tetanus.
In cats we offer routine protection against highly contagious illnesses such as cat flu, feline enteritis and feline AIDS.
Other illnesses such as Tetanus, Feline Leukaemia Virus and Chlamydia can also be prevented by vaccination.
Our vaccination regime for puppies and kittens are as follows:
- 6 – 8 weeks
- 12 – 14 weeks
- 16 – 18 weeks
- Followed by an annual booster
Vaccination requirements can be discussed at your pet’s annual wellness examination.